Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
One Good Thing - Page 80


JOLLY BISON
Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1652

Thread: One Good Thing

  1. #1581

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I got dinner with my brother today (Chinese take out yummm) and he was very helpful in giving me advice and really just listening to me. I’m extremely anxious and overwhelmed by my life lately, so much so that I’ve been crying almost everyday. I feel a bit more at ease after talking with him.
    What are you anxious about?

  2. #1582

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I got dinner with my brother today (Chinese take out yummm) and he was very helpful in giving me advice and really just listening to me. I’m extremely anxious and overwhelmed by my life lately, so much so that I’ve been crying almost everyday. I feel a bit more at ease after talking with him.
    What are you anxious about?

  3. #1583

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    What are you anxious about?
    Starting a new job (which I am excited about!). Moving to a new city. Moving in with a new boyfriend. I won't know anyone and won't have any friends. I'm leaving my home of the last 8 years and starting a new chapter of my life. Also anxious about my ex boyfriend. I miss my best friend.

    I need to talk to my boyfriend about all my feelings and give him a chance. My mom said it sounds like whenever I'm having a weak moment I cling to memories of my ex because it makes me feel secure I guess. There's a lot of big changes happening to me at once and I don't do well with change.
    All hail the king.

  4. #1584

    Re: One Good Thing

    That is a lot to go through all at once! I think all things considered, you are doing a great job handling it. Any one of those would be a major change that can take a few months to process. I bet 2019 will be a tough year but also an amazing year that you will be proud to look back on.

    I remember when I moved to where I am now, it took a while to adjust but now I am so proud of the life I have built. You will feel the same way - sometimes change is stressful but you will make it to the other side! Stay busy, make sure to make new friends in the new city outside of your boyfriend.

  5. #1585

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Starting a new job (which I am excited about!). Moving to a new city. Moving in with a new boyfriend. I won't know anyone and won't have any friends. I'm leaving my home of the last 8 years and starting a new chapter of my life. Also anxious about my ex boyfriend. I miss my best friend.

    I need to talk to my boyfriend about all my feelings and give him a chance. My mom said it sounds like whenever I'm having a weak moment I cling to memories of my ex because it makes me feel secure I guess. There's a lot of big changes happening to me at once and I don't do well with change.
    I’m in a similar anxious boat and ughhh it’s frustrating because I know that moving and changing jobs and big changes in general are always going to be stressful but also it sucks to be distracted and not sleeping well in a time when there’s so much shit to be done! We got this lol, the only way out it through
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

  6. #1586

    Re: One Good Thing

    An article I published a couple of years ago has now been cited by a handful of journal articles and books, cool! But half of them spelled my last name wrong so they didn't show up during my periodic google searches. IT'S ONLY FIVE LETTERS NOT THAT HARD GUYS

  7. #1587

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    An article I published a couple of years ago has now been cited by a handful of journal articles and books, cool! But half of them spelled my last name wrong so they didn't show up during my periodic google searches. IT'S ONLY FIVE LETTERS NOT THAT HARD GUYS
    That’s exciting! As for the articles that spelled your name wrong, you should submit a correction request.

  8. #1588

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    That is a lot to go through all at once! I think all things considered, you are doing a great job handling it. Any one of those would be a major change that can take a few months to process. I bet 2019 will be a tough year but also an amazing year that you will be proud to look back on.

    I remember when I moved to where I am now, it took a while to adjust but now I am so proud of the life I have built. You will feel the same way - sometimes change is stressful but you will make it to the other side! Stay busy, make sure to make new friends in the new city outside of your boyfriend.
    Thanks Monica. I'll try to remember that next time I tear up lol

    I posted on IG about my new job and where I'll be teaching, and lo and behold one of my high school friends has a friend from college who teaches at the same school and the same grade! So we'll probably share some students. I messaged her and we've been chatting. I asked her if she wants to grab lunch or a beer when I move and she said yes and theres a group of teachers our age that get together often and go out! So that's good news for me!

    I feel bad admitting this, but I'm having small doubts about my relationship and I feel "trapped' in a way moving in with him because I already said I would. It was his idea and he's so excited, he asked what color I want him to pain my room so it'll feel "homey" for me lol. I also could just be feeling like this because of my anxiety in general. I mean I do obviously really like him I'm just starting to notice some potential "yellow flags" if you will haha. Things that are not major issues yet but could potentially be in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
    I’m in a similar anxious boat and ughhh it’s frustrating because I know that moving and changing jobs and big changes in general are always going to be stressful but also it sucks to be distracted and not sleeping well in a time when there’s so much shit to be done! We got this lol, the only way out it through
    Haha thats a positive way to look at it! When exactly do you move? I hate packing ugh so thats another thing I'm not looking forward to. I have to be out of my apartment by mid July.
    All hail the king.

  9. #1589

    Re: One Good Thing

    ^ I move two weeks from tomorrow

    Packing is the absolute worst though, you’re right. I’m shipping my stuff ahead of time so I’m almost done but haven’t touched the kitchen at all and that’s the worst part. How far are you moving?
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

  10. #1590

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
    ^ I move two weeks from tomorrow

    Packing is the absolute worst though, you’re right. I’m shipping my stuff ahead of time so I’m almost done but haven’t touched the kitchen at all and that’s the worst part. How far are you moving?
    That's so soon!

    Tbh, where I'm moving is only a little over an hour away lmao. I'm acting like I'm moving so far away but I mean it still IS a new city. And since I'm moving in with my boyfriend I have the luxury of slowly moving things over time. I should probably start doing that.....lol
    Last edited by Heisenberg; June 5th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
    All hail the king.

  11. #1591
    Bison Burger Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,578
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: One Good Thing

    Back on the house hunt again! We are looking at a place tomorrow and I'm getting excited about it. Also a house a block away just sold for $276K so I'm starting to think we will sell ours for more than I've conservatively estimated. Which means maybe my kid can go to the fancy daycare.

  12. #1592

    Re: One Good Thing

    I just signed up to volunteer to do arts and crafts with kids at a local pediatric hospital I hope I get selected. I don't know why I wouldn't lol but I am already really amped about it so I hope it actually happens. I really wanted to volunteer to be a reading buddy at my local elementary school but the hours didn't work for my schedule. This feels like more my jam anyway because it's art related.

  13. #1593

    Re: One Good Thing

    My husband's building a barn in our backyard and it's starting to actually look like a barn and I'm super excited for my porch. It's going to have rocking chairs and a baby swing and a fire pit. I'm also pushing for a brick pizza oven wish me luck.


    This was like 2 weeks ago. The roof and porch all went up this weekend.

  14. #1594

    Re: One Good Thing

    ^ Looks great. What's going in the barn part of the barn?

  15. #1595

    Re: One Good Thing

    ^His woodworking stuff, it's going to be his workshop. He has a lot of big equipment (tablesaws etc) so needs a lot of space. And it'll have a loft for some storage. He's excited. He's putting plumbing and heated floors in.

  16. #1596

    Re: One Good Thing

    318 lbs worth of my stuff is now on a train to California! It’s such a relief to be done with the bulk of my packing and not worry about all that anymore.
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

  17. #1597

    Re: One Good Thing

    Today is the last day of school!!!!!!!
    All hail the king.

  18. #1598
    Bison Burger
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2012
    Location
    Near Cleveland Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,158

    Re: One Good Thing

    I'm actually taking a full two days off this week. So I get to see Steve.

    I also finally have my wax appointment tomorrow and then Friday I get new glasses. Woo.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

    AJP <3

  19. #1599
    Bison Burger Ennui's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,723

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony View Post
    I'm actually taking a full two days off this week. So I get to see Steve.

    I also finally have my wax appointment tomorrow and then Friday I get new glasses. Woo.
    My wax appointment is Friday and dear god I need it. Basically highlight of my week :P

  20. #1600
    Bison Burger
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2012
    Location
    Near Cleveland Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,158

    Re: One Good Thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    My wax appointment is Friday and dear god I need it. Basically highlight of my week :P
    Right, she's been booked for the past two weeks, so I'm way overdue.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

    AJP <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •