JOLLY BISON
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your skincare routine?

Blog Entries

Re: What is your skincare routine?

Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    Idk if you don't feel like anything is wrong with your skin I don't see the need to do anything. I don't do anything unless I get a pimple, which is like 2-3 times a year. Or if my face is dry I'll put on moisturizer.

I don't see the point in all the expensive shit if you don't have any complaints about your skin!
    Yea I've never had great skin by any means but my skin is not something I'm self conscious about...its always been pretty normal? I still get pimples at 30 but for the past 8-10 years its been like one or two a week which is not something I'm bothered by. A few times a year is quite extraordinary ha!

I have been thinking about doing something from an anti-aging perspective but as far as normal skincare I really just wash my face every day with St Ives apricot facewash and make sure to remove my makeup at night when I wear it. Sometimes I use lotion on my face if its dry, i have this cream stuff from Olay.

Anyone have any input on products for wrinkles and aging? I'm always skeptical of whether they work. Some are really expensive too

I mean, if I get one it takes a week or so to go away, so 2-3 times a year = 2-3 weeks a year if that makes it better?

I guess I'm not self conscious about my skin either. I have undereye circles but they're hereditary so I just use makeup. Right now I'm sick so my skin is flaky because I'm blowing my nose all day but it'll go away when I get better.

I really don't believe in anti aging stuff, except sunscreen. Which I also don't wear, oops.

I have god awful forehead wrinkles and under-eye wrinkles. I need to start using anti-aging products but it's so expensive and I feel like I'd have to try 30 products until I found one with noticable effects.

Sooo...I'm just going to continue ignoring it until I have a steady income and hope I don't look 50 when I'm 30.

Blog Entries

I mean, if I get one it takes a week or so to go away, so 2-3 times a year = 2-3 weeks a year if that makes it better?

I guess I'm not self conscious about my skin either. I have undereye circles but they're hereditary so I just use makeup. Right now I'm sick so my skin is flaky because I'm blowing my nose all day but it'll go away when I get better.

I really don't believe in anti aging stuff, except sunscreen. Which I also don't wear, oops.
    I have noticed a few lines on my forehead and around the corners of my eyes crop up in the past 5 years or so. I think my skin is aging at an appropriate rate and makeup always covers it up, so its not something I spend much time thinking about. I don't know how I feel about anti-aging stuff. I am wondering if all of my peers are using it and if I'm going to regret not using it in 10 years I guess?

I have gotten a lot better about sunscreen. I was so bad when I was a teen, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with some sort of skin cancer on my body.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimminyCricket! View Post
    I have god awful forehead wrinkles and under-eye wrinkles. I need to start using anti-aging products but it's so expensive and I feel like I'd have to try 30 products until I found one with noticable effects.

Sooo...I'm just going to continue ignoring it until I have a steady income and hope I don't look 50 when I'm 30.
    oh yay good to know! i look at the products at the store but thats as far as ive gone

If you REALLY gently exfoliate the flaky spots with a warm, damp washcloth, it'll go away. I'm talking like two minutes straight of super gentle rubbing in circles. It shouldn't hurt or cause discomfort at all. Just a quick tip, I have the same issue when I'm sick and I hate it.

Bison Burger

Everyone over 21 can stand to use eye cream, or at least a rich moisturizer. And retinol. Fuck even Neutrogena retinol cream is better than nothing.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

AJP <3

I moisturize and wear 30spf on my face every day, and prescription acne cream every night. I also use other things like eye cream, masks, cleansing oils inconsistently. Honestly my skin looks amazing right now and I've just been rinsing it with water because I'm travelling and don't want to carry too many products. I think it's because I'm eating differently. My friend I was travelling with my breaking out from the heat and greasy foods, but my skin has never been clearer. Might be the lack of dairy products in SE asia

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    I moisturize and wear 30spf on my face every day, and prescription acne cream every night. I also use other things like eye cream, masks, cleansing oils inconsistently. Honestly my skin looks amazing right now and I've just been rinsing it with water because I'm travelling and don't want to carry too many products. I think it's because I'm eating differently. My friend I was travelling with my breaking out from the heat and greasy foods, but my skin has never been clearer. Might be the lack of dairy products in SE asia
    for some reason my skin is always amazing too when I'm traveling which I don't get cuz I eat and drink tons. maybe more sun?

I'm totally lame but I just use a face wash in the shower or before bed...

Wash with Cetaphil foaming cleanser
    Glycolic acid product
    Anti-wrinkle moisturizer
    Eye balm

I use sheet masks maybe 2-3 times a week if I have any on hand - and I buy them a lot so I often have a stock of them.
    Leah

Quote Originally Posted by lolz@yourface View Post
    for some reason my skin is always amazing too when I'm traveling which I don't get cuz I eat and drink tons. maybe more sun?
    Yeah it's hard to pinpoint bc there are so many new factors. I sleep way better when I'm travelling. More sun. More moisture (i lived in a dry harsh climate until very recently and it was terrible for my skin and hair and soul lol). My hair has been a lot better too and It's actually curly again. It's good to know that eating greasy food and sweating profusely all the time has no negative impact on my skin lol

I wash my face in the shower with Miraís age reform refreshing cleanser on my Clarisonic in the shower. When I get out, I put witch hazel on any spots I might have at the time then I put on Clinique moisture surge gel. I take my make up off at night with an unscented baby wipe, and if it is feeling extra dry, Iíll use my mosutizer again.

Thankfully, my skin is pretty good and I donít get acne that often. My skin is for sure oilier now in my t-zone than it ever was when I was younger, and my cheeks are always dry. I do need to start using a wrinkle cream, because I have faint ones between my eyebrows.

I am so obsessed with Aveda products. I started to get cystic acne about 4 years ago and it was awful. I tried all these different face washes and NOTHING worked. I got a free sample from Aveda and figured what the hell, it can't get any worse. I use their dry skin line, just the face wash and lotion. That's it. Totally cleared up my face. I get a breakout of 2 zits maybe twice a year now, which I feel is inevitable.

I wash my face in the morning in the shower with the face wash. I wash my face and use the lotion in the evening. That's it. The face wash does an awesome job removing makeup too.

I hardly ever get pimples and all do is lightly wash my face with lukewarm water than a splash of cold water at night. I usually wear a bit moisturizer with SPF because I tend to dry out easy. I also wear lip balm when my lips start to feel chapped.

Because Iím pale and my family has a history of skin cancer, I make sure to wear sunscreen if I will be outside for more than 20 minutes at a time.

I thought sheet masks would be overrated. I am now hooked on them. I can't remember a time my skin was this well moisturised. I tried one by Neutrogena and it fit horribly so I won't be buying that one again. The first one I used, Garnier Moisture Bomb, fit almost perfect

I usually wash my face with my clairsonic and purity made simple. Then Iíll use a toner by the Ordinary and their buffet. After that I use a Clinique moisturizer.

I plan on adding more once Sephora gets more ordinary products in. Been wanting to try a few things for blackheads.

I used the same sheet mask last night and it didn't give me nearly as good results as the first time. I wonder why