JOLLY BISON

Thread: Bleeding during active pills

Bleeding during active pills

I find it a funny coincidence this is now happening to me after i replied to the other thread about this topic

Last night i had a bit of spotting.. ive still got a week on my active pills to go. I was not worried cause this has been happening to me for like 5 months now.

But then today its gotten heavier. Where as usually it's very light bleeding for a day or two then i don't bleed again until the sugar pills.

I did miss a pill (my first active pill after the sugars) because i went to visit my mom and forgot to bring them with me. I've never done that before and i didn't take another until the next day at the usual time. I'm wondering if that is what's caused it?

Unless the guy i slept with has super sperm and got me preggo through a condom and my contraceptive pill (which has been successfully working for me for like 6 years now) then there's no way it's a pregnancy related thing.

I'm kinda worried it could be STI related though that also seems far stretched and i have no other symptoms of an STI everything looks fine down there no funky smells no bumps no nothing and we used a condom each time. He did go down on me though. Even so that still seems far fetched

Im freaking out that i won't get to have sexy time on my birthday now which is only a couple of days away and i have a night scheduled with the hot Spanish guy I've been sleeping with. ... this cannot happen! Stupid period

Someone help lol is this normal when you miss a pill? I hope it only lasts a few days waaaaaaahhh

Re: Bleeding during active pills

That's definitely happened to me when I've missed a pill! I wouldn't worry too much.

That's happened to me once or twice, although the blood was really brown/almost black which was prettt disgusting. Your body could just be sensitive to the hormone levels, it's probably fine.
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

My ob changed my birth control today because I spot. Apparently that's not supposed to happen.

I haven't been on the pill in ages, but when I was this happened to me at least a two or three times (spoiler: I wasn't pregnant any of those times, nor did I have any STIs).

Haha thanks guys! Im pretty certain its cause i missed that pill. I dont know if i should ask my doc about it (need to get a pap anyway) cause i have been getting spotting between sugar pills for like 5 months now. Not usually this heavy though. And it was bright red blood this time which i thought strange

Anyway im a lucky gal as it has finally stopped. Im hoping i wont bleed again till the sugar pills

Quote Originally Posted by turtle. View Post
    My ob changed my birth control today because I spot. Apparently that's not supposed to happen.
    Did she say why it may be happening? I really didnt think much of it till i read the thread on the alleys where someone else said it may be cause the pill isnt strong enoigh :/

Not like it really matters for pregnancy for me atm cause ill be using condoms for the forseeable future. I really just use this to control my period + having 2 barriers for pregnancy never hurts

So im at the end of my pack and i dint know if i should take the extra pill i missed at the beginning of my pack or go straight to the sugar pills as per schedule?

^if you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember. If you don't remember until the next day I think you're supposed to take two at once.

But also the little instruction print out that comes with the pills has a section on what to do if you miss a pill (they should be online too, I always throw mine out haha)
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Quote Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
    ^if you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember. If you don't remember until the next day I think you're supposed to take two at once.

But also the little instruction print out that comes with the pills has a section on what to do if you miss a pill (they should be online too, I always throw mine out haha)
    Haha yeah my issue is I didnt take it as soon as I remembered, or take 2 at once (dumb, i know..) I just continued taking them as normal lol. So now I'm at the end of my active pills & i have an extra pill left. Not sure if i should take it or just leave it tbh. I'm really just concern of fucking up my period / cycle. I don't want anymore unexpected bleeding if i can avoid it :P

I would take it. If you’re on an ortho tri cyclen the pills have a different amount of progesterone each week. So just finish it out