JOLLY BISON
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: One bad thing

Re: One bad thing

Why do you feel like youíre fucking things up?

I’m just having so many intense feelings lately and idk how to handle them all. I guess I’m not actually fucking up anything, I mean I just got a new job for goodness sake, I just feel like mentally I’m a mess. I didn’t adequately deal with all my emotions after my breakup (shocker) and it’s all just hitting me now I guess. I feel like I dragged my new boyfriend into my emotional mess and that’s not fair to him. I’m scared to tell him idk if I want to move in anymore because I don’t want to hurt his feelings.

Plus I haven’t started packing anything and I need to be out by July 12. I fucking hate packing
    All hail the king.

You were with your ex for years so itís normal to miss him. I definitely liked the idea of telling your bf you want to wait to move to make sure your relationship is at its strongest point, if thatís what you want! I am sure your ex also represents your current city/life in some way and it feels like youíre saying bye to something much bigger and he symbolizes that to you. Youíll get through this!! What are your biggest emotions? Guilt? Sadness? Nostalgia? Regret? Anger? Anxiety?

Packing sucks but you can do it quickly if you absolutely need to lol. Like in 3 days. Youíll end up throwing away junk too. Recruit some friends and make a weekend of it.

You were with your ex for years so it’s normal to miss him. I definitely liked the idea of telling your bf you want to wait to move to make sure your relationship is at its strongest point, if that’s what you want! I am sure your ex also represents your current city/life in some way and it feels like you’re saying bye to something much bigger and he symbolizes that to you. You’ll get through this!! What are your biggest emotions? Guilt? Sadness? Nostalgia? Regret? Anger? Anxiety?

Packing sucks but you can do it quickly if you absolutely need to lol. Like in 3 days. You’ll end up throwing away junk too. Recruit some friends and make a weekend of it.

Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    You were with your ex for years so it’s normal to miss him. I definitely liked the idea of telling your bf you want to wait to move to make sure your relationship is at its strongest point, if that’s what you want! I am sure your ex also represents your current city/life in some way and it feels like you’re saying bye to something much bigger and he symbolizes that to you. You’ll get through this!! What are your biggest emotions? Guilt? Sadness? Nostalgia? Regret? Anger? Anxiety?

Packing sucks but you can do it quickly if you absolutely need to lol. Like in 3 days. You’ll end up throwing away junk too. Recruit some friends and make a weekend of it.
    That's exactly it. I'm ending this chapter of my life. I've lived here from 18-26 and this is essentially where I became a person lol. I'm super nostalgic, and as cheesy as it sounds this place is where I found my voice and my confidence. And my ex was by my side through it all. I am 100% certain I would not be who I am or where I am without his support along the way. These were by far the best and most fun years of my life so far, and he was with me through it all.

It's just scary to think I'll be "starting over" again in a brand new place without him. When I went away to college, sure I was alone but I still knew people from my high school also at my college. Now I will literally know no one except for my boyfriend.

I feel anxious about moving, sad about leaving this area and ending this chapter, and regret/sadness for how I handled my breakup. Thinking back, I don't know why I did what I did. He was still my best friend, granted we were newly exs, but I didn't give a fuck about him or his feelings. It was like I was on a high, but now I'm back to reality. He got a DUI which I knew, but I didn't realize he went to jail. I dind't think about it I guess. He told me that really hurt him and sent him to a really dark place and that makes me feel so guilty. I know its not my responsibility cause we weren't together anymore, but best friends dont do that. I don't know. I keep beating myself up about everything but I'm trying to stop.
    All hail the king.

I just spent half an hour writing a cover letter for a job before I noticed a tiny field in the description showing it was part-time UGH (the posting listed the salary range for what it would pay if it was a full-time position). Should have known - it was an academia-adjacent job that actually paid a livable salary

I got my tonsils removed a few days ago and was tood the pain would be brutal for 2 weeks. I was not expecting the days to creepy by 10x slower than they usually do.

My work receives a handful of recent high school grads for the summer as part of an unpaid internship. It's supposed to be pretty relaxed, they're just here for several weeks to gain some experience. They were begging for people to take them on, I figured it'd look good on my yearly review, so I agreed to take one.

I get that they're young but this girl is unreal and she hasn't even started yet. I had to email her multipe times over 2 weeks before she finally responded. I asked her for a few things to get her set up in our system and she didn't include any of that in her response. She literally just said "hey, yes I will be there on x day". So I had to nag her again several times to get what I needed. I goofed up and realized I was going to be out on vacation on her start day, so I asked if she would be OK pushing it back to the following Monday. She replied "sure". Literally. Nothing else, just the word sure.

What the fuck. I would have never talked to someone who was going to be my boss like that, ever. I am already done with this shit.

I have the worst backache I've ever had. Its so bad and came on so fast I ended up leaving work because sitting at my desk was making me tear up from pain. I'm too young for this! I love my heating pad though.

Bison Burger

So, I have this hump thing going on, on my neck. It's like...puffy. And I googled it last night, thinking I could find some stretches or exercises to get rid of it.

Instead, I found out it's the hallmark symptom of Cushings Syndrome. Then I looked into the rest of the symptoms and JFC...

-acne
    -weight gain
    -red or ruddy face.
    -chronic pain
    -fatigue
    -anxiety
    -higher blood pressure

Etc etc. I have 90% of the corresponding symptoms. So I scheduled an appointment today with my GP to ask to be tested for it.

If I do have it...I'll need surgery and possibly hormone replacement therapy for a long time.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

AJP <3

It has been hot for a few days but its so ridiculously hot today. During my drive home it got up to 108. The forecast is showing it is still going to be above 100 degrees until about 6pm. The low temp tonight will be 73 degrees ó so it won't really cool off before it is hot again tomorrow. Cannot wait for this heat wave to break! Iím also dealing with some painful period cramps this evening so overall I feel uncomfortable.

Starting to feel very uncomfortable being pregnant. Had such a hard time sleeping last night, body is so achy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    Starting to feel very uncomfortable being pregnant. Had such a hard time sleeping last night, body is so achy.
    Look into a snoogle pillow. That thing was....wow... it took me months after childbirth to reluctantly stop using it.

The college I graduated from announced they are completely shutting down at the end of this year. They closed their undergraduate program 2 years ago to focus on the graduate program but now they will be shutting their doors permanently. Itís sad but mostly just really weird to think about.

Blog Entries

We didn’t get the house we were bidding on ��

I've been losing so much shit lately. I lost 2 sports bras, an Rx slip from the doctor, and $40 cash in the last couple weeks

Got a call from my doctor yesterday that my gestational diabetes test was high, so they want me to take it again on a fasted tummy this time. I felt pretty shitty - feel like I should have managed my diet a bit better and stuck to lower carb (I was keto before pregnant, and since being pregnant have gradually turned into "eat whatever the fuck i want"). Anyways, I know it's not confirmed yet, and even if it is confirmed, it can be managed and totally fine.

My work partners with a local high school and brings in a hand full of high schoolers for summer interns. I'm part of a STEM group and my work and they were desperate to place them so I volunteered to take one on.

She started yesterday and it has not been good. She is 17 years old but seems to be really immature. She doesn't really respond when people talk to her, won't speak for herself (seems to expect me to do it for her), would sit in the corner of the room during meetings and play on her phone until I told her she needed to sit at the table because it's part of her project, and is constantly on me like glue in a weird way. I told her I needed to use the restroom and I would be right back and she followed me and waited for me in the bathroom, and it wasn't because she needed to use it too. She literally stood there and waited for me. She followed me and watched me eat my lunch in silence, like she didn't even eat with me.

I'm trying to remind myself that she's young, but this kind of unreal. I worked in my mom's office a little bit when I was 17 and I did not act like this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    Got a call from my doctor yesterday that my gestational diabetes test was high, so they want me to take it again on a fasted tummy this time. I felt pretty shitty - feel like I should have managed my diet a bit better and stuck to lower carb (I was keto before pregnant, and since being pregnant have gradually turned into "eat whatever the fuck i want"). Anyways, I know it's not confirmed yet, and even if it is confirmed, it can be managed and totally fine.
    From what I’ve heard, the fetus beetus can strike even if you eat super healthy and are active and fit, it isn’t a result of poor eating!

My allergies have been awful the past couple of days. I get really congested to the point where it feels like I can't breathe but I can't take decongestants because I have really bad reactions to them. Like it'll send me to the ER within a couple minutes of taking one pill. I was on a prescription allergy med but had to stop it when I got pregnant. Not sure what I can take while breastfeeding. I made a doctor appointment but it's not until Thurs so I'm currently sitting at work having anxiety attacks because I feel like I can't breathe.