JOLLY BISON
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1165

Thread: One bad thing

Re: One bad thing

I have my six month follow up ct scan next week. Then a week after that a visit with my oncologist. I have no reason to suspect anything with be wrong with my scan but I'm still so anxious about it. I've heard so many people talk about "scanxiety" and I honestly thought that wouldn't be me but here I am. Plus my normal oncologist retired so this will be my first time meeting my new oncologist and I hope I like him.

I had a few awkward moments today. I was supposed to go out for happy hour with some old work friends. The bar we were planning to go to is closed on Tuesdays. However, my old department (and their current department) also had a happy hour planned at another bar, so we decided to go with them. I had a meeting and said I'd be a little late. When I showed up none of my friends were there, but some of my old coworkers were. It got weird real quick when the only boss there announced they were celebrating their launch! And then then I realized it was all one smaller team there... And not the bigger department. He announced he was buying everyone a drink, and since my friends no showed, I excused myself and bailed.

I messaged my friends and they said they were running a little late. So I waited for them, and two of my friends came (the other two bailed). They still wanted to go, and I can handle awkwardness well enough, so we went back to the bar. The boss that was there asked me my name. YOU GUYS. I worked with this man for OVER A YEAR. Not directly, but in passing, and he didn't know who the fuck I was. I told him my name and told him we had worked together. He stared blankly. I told him what exactly I did and he was like, oh ok. But clearly had no recognition of me.

On the plus side, he did buy my drink. And left quickly and I got to hang out with my friends. But man. What an encounter.

My dogs nose has been try, assuming it's from the AC running all summer. We've been putting some doggy nose chapstick on him and running a humidifier. His nose started to look better, but apparently it cracked on the inside and he had a bloody nose all night... And I didn't realize it. So I had to clean blood off carpet all morning AND it came back so now I've got him quarantined in the kitchen. It has stopped but I'm afraid when I go to work he'll bump it and open it again. I don't know where to put him where he won't ruin things. Ugh.

I tried asking a guy out yesterday and I still have no response. I have a feeling this is probably a sign of a silent rejection.

Everyone keeps telling me to go outside of my comfort zones more when I am interested in someone. This is my second time this year of trying to approach someone both resulted in crickets. I know what makes rejection sting the most is pride, but it makes me not want to try again for awhile. Meh. :/

Within the span of 20 minutes last night I got a flat tire and a friend told me my long term ex is officially in a relationship.

It was 9pm and I was driving home from kickball when I heard a loud POP. I know how to change a tire but it was at night, I was trying to take a shower and go to bed, so I called AAA. While waiting for AAA, my good friend texts me “so I see _____ is in a relationship?”

I appreciate that she’s just trying to reach out, but one of the many reasons I deleted my fb was because I did NOT want to know when/if he’s in a relationship shop. So whatever
    All hail the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Within the span of 20 minutes last night I got a flat tire and a friend told me my long term ex is officially in a relationship.

It was 9pm and I was driving home from kickball when I heard a loud POP. I know how to change a tire but it was at night, I was trying to take a shower and go to bed, so I called AAA. While waiting for AAA, my good friend texts me “so I see _____ is in a relationship?”

I appreciate that she’s just trying to reach out, but one of the many reasons I deleted my fb was because I did NOT want to know when/if he’s in a relationship shop. So whatever
    I totally understand! A few years ago I deleted my ex off Facebook & Instagram so I wouldn’t see any updates about his dating life. Yet I still heard through the grapevine he was dating (& later engaged). I did not want to know but somehow people felt compelled to tell me.

I also have a friend who seems to keep all of her exes as Facebook friends. She doesn’t interact with their profiles at all but I think she might periodically Facebook stalk. So I guess some people do want to keep tabs on their exes romantic developments and others want to hide all traces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorSnapShots View Post
    I totally understand! A few years ago I deleted my ex off Facebook & Instagram so I wouldn’t see any updates about his dating life. Yet I still heard through the grapevine he was dating (& later engaged). I did not want to know but somehow people felt compelled to tell me.

I also have a friend who seems to keep all of her exes as Facebook friends. She doesn’t interact with their profiles at all but I think she might periodically Facebook stalk. So I guess some people do want to keep tabs on their exes romantic developments and others want to hide all traces.
    Sometimes it just feels good to see an ex is with someone uglier/worse lol. Although the two exes i have on facebook are doing pretty well in life and with their relationships (both married) and it doesn't bother me. I keep one on there because our brothers were friends and both of our brothers have passed away so there's this weird sentimental connection. The other I have on there but I never check his profile because we were never that serious and I just don't care. One ex I don't have on facebook because he couldn't handle it. Maybe this should be another thread....

^my ex is such a nice and wholesome guy that even if his new girl is objectively less attractive to me, he doesn’t care and it wouldn’t bother him at all. He’s the exact opposite of superficial lol
    All hail the king.

I had a flight today and the woman next to me had two little dogs. She was nice and asked if I minded and I was like, oh no not at all I have a dog at home. She kept taking the dogs out of the carrier, getting yelled at by the flight attendents that she can't do that, and it was just this big fucking dog deal. They kept trying to crawl out of her arms and they smelled like total ass lmao

Went to get my tire fixed, turns out I need all 4 tires replaced. He showed me how much the tread had worn down. I should have been checking myself, but I wish the safety inspector last year told me my tires were wearing down or something. So now I owe $650. The joys of car ownership. Still waiting to catch a break over here.
    All hail the king.

I am anxious af today. I work up with a killer migraine when I was supposed to be going to this illustration event cueing a bunch of health related anxiety 'omg I am dying what if I always feel like this I AM DYING!!' level of crap, then when my migraine went away the anxiety about that was replaced with extreme anxiety about this illustration I am working on that is due tomorrow. I feel like the last illo I did for this publication sucked ass so now I have a bunch of anxiety that this one will also suck ass AND I feel guilty that I missed this illo event I was supposed to go to.

Blog Entries

My favorite aunt passed away last night. I knew she was sick and we were planning a trip in November to see her. She did meet Jackson once when he was 8 weeks old but that was the last time we saw her. She's been too sick to travel and I haven't had any PTO to spare (she lives an 8 hour drive away) plus we've been busy every weekend. I'm beating myself up about not going to see her sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite aunt passed away last night. I knew she was sick and we were planning a trip in November to see her. She did meet Jackson once when he was 8 weeks old but that was the last time we saw her. She's been too sick to travel and I haven't had any PTO to spare (she lives an 8 hour drive away) plus we've been busy every weekend. I'm beating myself up about not going to see her sooner.
    Sorry for your loss Jennie. 😔

Mae has pink eye. It's 98% infectious and I've already touched my eye like 100 times this morning

Bison Burger

We leave Jamaica in an hour.

Which I'm not even that sad about. This whole vacation just reinforced everything I thought about myself. Not good.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

AJP <3

At the hospital and the ER entrance was covered in signs about if you have measles symptoms. Wtf humanity look what you've done

I dropped off film to be developed on Saturday got a call it was ready today. Decided to pick it up during my lunch break despite the shop being next to a major university (30K+ students) in a downtown area. Traffic was unbelievably nutty and what makes it worse is when I get home I find my CD of scanned negatives was missing!

Called the shop and they have it but now I have to battle traffic again tomorrow to pickup. Next time I will make sure I check the envelope contents before I head home!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony View Post
    We leave Jamaica in an hour.

Which I'm not even that sad about. This whole vacation just reinforced everything I thought about myself. Not good.
    What?

Bison Burger

Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    What?
    Ugly. Unwanted. Basically at social interactions or people in general.

I spent a week at a sex and weed filled sex resort and barely even had anyone say a word to me, let alone touch me.

It was a very isolating in general. Customs and everything was stressful. I think I'm not suited to traveling.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

AJP <3

^ totally get that. I think chatting strangers up is a skill, and traveling is a skill, and they are both tough to just throw yourself into. Sometimes it can feel isolating and exhausting.