JOLLY BISON

Thread: Tell me everything about Disney World!

Tell me everything about Disney World!

We've been back and forth on quick trip ideas, but I think we have finally settled on Disney World. I want to go for my birthday, but I think we'd probably end up going in early December since it's a bit cheaper then and supposedly less crowded. I haven't been since I was 12, so I don't really remember it well. We're thinking of landing Thursday evening and leaving Sunday night, so 3 full days there. I think I want to stay on site, probably one of the Port Orleans resorts since they're pretty cheap.

Do you guys have any tips/suggestions? What are the must dos? We might skip Animal Kingdom, just because of lack of time.

Re: Tell me everything about Disney World!

I fucking love Disney World. I haven't been superrr recently so I don't have any specific recs but I think the general conscientious is that if you are gonna skip one of the parts, Animal Kingdom is the one to skip. I would go for two full days of Magic Kingdom (it's huge) and one day for Epicot.

My uncle is obsessed with Disney and based on the images he's shown us, it seems like there are some pretty cool dining experiences to be had if you are down to book stuff in advance. If I were going now I would definitely look into that aspect as 1. sitting down and eating after a long day of being in the hot sun sounds really appealing and 2. a lot of them look like nice restaurants and worthwhile in their own right.

Yesssss Disney World <3

In terms of parks to visit, I would look online at all the parks and just see which attractions you wanna hit. Usually people always visit Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. Personally I love Epcot and MGM Studios. Downtown Disney is always fun at night.

It might be worth it to buy a FastPass to help skip lines.

Edit: apparently MGM Studios is now Hollywood Studios. Lol guess my info isnít up to date
    Last edited by Heisenberg; July 28th, 2018 at 01:40 PM.
    All hail the king.

I go to Disney World at least once a month and haven't gotten bored yet. Animal kingdom has one of the most amazing rides that I've ever been on-Flight of Passage. It is extremely cool. I actually used to dislike animal kingdom but they have really made a lot of improvements. Magic Kingdom is my favorite though. They have all of the classic stuff there that you think of when considering Disney. Hollywood studios just added toy story land and is really promoting star wars right now, so that's neat if you like either of those, or if you like shows or an old Hollywood vibe architecture-wise. I'm going there to check out Toy Story land in a few weeks, so I can update on that then. Epcot is amazing. I used to hate it there but they have added in some neat rides since I was a kid, like Test Track and Soarin, and then each country in the World Pavilion has it's own ride or exhibit-So neat! The food is great there in general.

Other than the parks, Disney Springs is amazing. They really outdid themselves. For cocktails, you have GOT TO go to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. I love their late night snacks too. Other recommendation is Splitsville for an alcoholic ICEE. Hmm, honestly I skipped food here because I love all of the restaurants that I've tried. Mmmm.

Anyways, if you want more info, let me know!

FastPasses are free. You can sign up for them 30 days before your trip. If you stay on site that number is 60 days. You have to wake up super early and do it first thing in the morning.

Flight of Passage is the best ride at Disney right now. Soooo good. It’s at Animal Kingdom. Everything else there is fine. I may lean towards skipping AK if you can’t get a FastPass for it and Hollywood Studios if you can. My fave ride is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at HS but FoP is definitely “better.” Magic Kingdom and Epcot are must do’s.

I went for my 25th, best birthday EVER! Check popular dining places regularly. When I first planned the trip, I could not dine at Be Our Guest but we ended up eating there twice because people cancelled. DO NOT BRING A BACKPACK! No matter how much you think you'll need it. I brought one the first three days but they can send everything back to your room and water cups are free. I had two days planned for Epcot but a lot of stuff was closed when I went to I did two days in AK. You can bring your own food, but the food there is sooooo good!

The picture pack is worth it IMO, especially since you haven't gone in a while. They can put characters in your pictures and all pics on the rides are free. Also, after you rode a ride and you like it a lot, do single rider when you can. Unless you really like them, skip the fireworks. If I'm not mistaken there is one of Mickey, but you can watch them from the bus. That's when the busses are the lightest, they will cram those busses to the max. I found a lot of tips and tricks on Pinterest and random blogs linked.

I 2nd Fast Passes. They are so worth it

I'm going to Disney World just booked everything for mid-December. This is particularly exciting because we booked and had to cancel a trip to WDW 5 years ago due to funds. So happy to finally be at a point in my life where this is doable and the cost is not an issue.

Yay! You should be able to do your FastPasses mid-Oct then if you stay on site.

How do the fast passes work? Do you sign up to go on a ride at a certain time? That sounds stressful trying to keep a schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    How do the fast passes work? Do you sign up to go on a ride at a certain time? That sounds stressful trying to keep a schedule
    Basically yes. Letís say itís 12:30pm and you wanna ride Space Mountain but the line is at least an hour long. With fast pass, you can get a ďpassĒ to come back to Space Mountain at like 3:30 so you donít have to waste an hour waiting in line.
    All hail the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Basically yes. Letís say itís 12:30pm and you wanna ride Space Mountain but the line is at least an hour long. With fast pass, you can get a ďpassĒ to come back to Space Mountain at like 3:30 so you donít have to waste an hour waiting in line.
    Ahh ok, that sounds doable! I thought I had to schedule the time like two months in advance lol

You can sign up for 3/day ahead of time. Then, day of, once you use those three up, you can schedule more. They are an hour long and you can come at any time during that hour. So I liked to schedule one 9-10, another 10-11, and another 11-12, then do whatever I wanted after that. It saves a ton of time on the most popular rides so I do think you should sign up for the most popular rides ahead of time. You only have to pick 3/day.