JOLLY BISON

Thread: Lanolin

Lanolin

Does anyone use it for anything? Do you have a brand preference?

I was a huge fan of Dermal Therapy foot cream for the longest time. Even though it has mineral oil, it worked better than anything. 3-4 days of use and bam, my feet were 100% better, but over time Dermal Therapy stopped working for me. I thought I'd try Lanolin, since my doctor says anything you use for baby is the best skin care to use on yourself (it's mainly used for cracked nipples when breastfeeding).
    I recently started using it on my heels. After 3 days there was almost no difference and I was going to stop using it, but decided to give it 2 weeks time to start working. It's now been 2 weeks and my heels are about 90% less dry. I was thinking I might start using it on my eyebrows at night since I tend to get a lot of dry skin and flaking on my eyebrows. It's just really greasy so I'll probably have to put a sheet down over top my pillow so not to ruin it

Re: Lanolin

Yeah I use it on my lips/corners of my mouth because they crack and then it turns into angular chelitis really easily. Lanolin helps so much, especially if I apply it then wait ~10 minutes and then put a thin layer of Vaseline over top to seal it in.

I like Lanisoh (purple tube) or whatever generic store brand version of it they have. They tube lasts forever and it's refined lanolin, so it's clear and odorless.
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

I didn't know that was a thing! I use the smelly brown kind lol. Last night I put it under my nose where it gets the most dry and almost took it off because it smells so weird

Quote Originally Posted by DeeReynolds View Post
    I didn't know that was a thing! I use the smelly brown kind lol. Last night I put it under my nose where it gets the most dry and almost took it off because it smells so weird
    Yeah you should try it, it doesn't smell like sheep at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
    Yeah I use it on my lips/corners of my mouth because they crack and then it turns into angular chelitis really easily. Lanolin helps so much, especially if I apply it then wait ~10 minutes and then put a thin layer of Vaseline over top to seal it in.

I like Lanisoh (purple tube) or whatever generic store brand version of it they have. They tube lasts forever and it's refined lanolin, so it's clear and odorless.
    Can you use it in place of lipbalm/chapstick?! I have insane allergies on my lips and have to use this super expensive vegan chapstick that still sometimes gives me issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    Can you use it in place of lipbalm/chapstick?! I have insane allergies on my lips and have to use this super expensive vegan chapstick that still sometimes gives me issues.
    Definitely, this one is pretty popular as a lip balm https://www.lanolips.com/product/lan...ose-superbalm/

I do think you can be allergic to lanolin though? Apparently if it's refined it shouldn't cause problems but if you have sensitive skin I'd definitely patch test it somewhere first.

Great moisturizer, good for everything, including hair.
    It softens my skin greatly, but I think you must be careful if you're allergic.
    Not into brands, but I personally buy this lanolin anhydrous.

I hear great things, I bought some for my daughter cuz she has insanely red cheeks and it made them bumpy.. idk if I got a weird version of it though. The kind I got is like syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    You can always use plain Vaseline, too. I use Neosporin on my lips in at night, especially in the winter. I am allergic to every kind of lip product I have ever tried. The only thing I can use besides that is from a local organic store that makes their own lip balm. They’re pretty bomb (and so are their other body and make up products), though, and they have an Etsy store if you’re interested in it.