JOLLY BISON
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What are you reading right now??

Re: What are you reading right now??

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    Ohh I don't have a computer anymore.

One time when a library book was about to expire I turned off the wifi on my Kindle and the book didn't expire. But then I tried it a second time and that book did expire so who knows.
    At least on my kindle from what I’ve noticed is that if I turn off wifi and don’t leave the book or minimize it or whatever, not sure what to call it lol), then the book stays but if I leave the book then most of the time it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    At least on my kindle from what I’ve noticed is that if I turn off wifi and don’t leave the book or minimize it or whatever, not sure what to call it lol), then the book stays but if I leave the book then most of the time it expires.
    Well damn! That's probably it then. Def gonna have to try that out.

I just finished reading "The Kissing Quotient" today and it was pretty good, though got a bit graphic at times. I'd recommend if if you like Crazy Rich Asians series & don't mind graphic sex scenes at times.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle.pirate View Post
    My library doesn't have fines anymore. I have had two books out for at least two months now and I am starting to wonder when they start hunting you down trying to get you to return the book.
    Jealous. Our fines are only like 15 cents a day but I like to do stupid things like check out four books and forget to return them before I leave for vacation so it adds up. I also can't control myself and check out way too many books than I actually have time to read because they all look good.

I just remind myself that I'm supporting the library when I pay my fines lol and then I'm fine with it.

I'm reading Exhilation by Ted Chiang and I'm liking all the stories so far.

Alright y’all, I just finished small great things. Such an amazingly book! I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle.pirate View Post
    My library doesn't have fines anymore. I have had two books out for at least two months now and I am starting to wonder when they start hunting you down trying to get you to return the book.
    My previous library had a $10 cap on fines and you only had to pay it down below $10 to check out books again yet even in the land of online renewals and reminder emails I STILL managed to have to pay a bunch of times because I am dumb. Oh well, I get so much stuff from the library I don’t really mind giving them a dollar every two months lol
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

I just picked up Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered. I was on a long wait list at the library and was so excited to get the email saying it was ready for me yesterday lol