JOLLY BISON

Thread: "Conversations with friends" and "Normal People" -- Sally Rooney

"Conversations with friends" and "Normal People" -- Sally Rooney

Anyone familiar with this Irish author and her books? She's been dubbed the "first great millennial novelist," lol. I just read Normal People, which I enjoyed!

Re: "Conversations with friends" and "Normal People" -- Sally Rooney

I haven't read her books, but I was intrigued and checked out a sample of "Normal People" and I noticed there were no quotation marks for the dialoguse! I like that style - is all of her work like that??

Also from the small amount that I read I love her actions and body language! She writes in a very simply and to the point which makes it easy for the reader to visualize the actions.

I have no input on the actual plot yet hahaha, but I'm totally going to read these books! Thank you!

Not sure — about to read Conversations with Friends and I'll let you know!

I like her simple prose style, too. I feel like people assume complicated/big vocab = good.

Quote Originally Posted by PlaysWithSquirrels View Post
    Not sure — about to read Conversations with Friends and I'll let you know!

I like her simple prose style, too. I feel like people assume complicated/big vocab = good.
    Nothing is more annoying for a reader than being super immersed in a story then having to google the definition for some silly 15 letter long adverb to figure out what the hell the character is doing haha.