JOLLY BISON

Thread: Facials

Facials

I kinda want to get a facial or microdermabrasion once for fun. But is it a waste of money if I'm not going to do it regularly? Anyone with experience? Does just one facial make a difference and how long do the effects last?
    Member since the "yellow boards"

Re: Facials

I need to know this also. I'm so picky I'm worried I won't like it better than my own solutions.

In my (relatively limited) experience, a one off facial doesn’t make much difference. I’ve had maybe three facials in the last 10 years, and usually my skin feels really hydrated and refreshed for a day or two after but that’s about it.

Depends what kind of results you're looking for. One microdermabrasion treatment probably won't do much if you're trying to even out your skin tone or get rid of scars.
    All hail the king.

So is it pretty much the same as using a mask?
    Member since the "yellow boards"

It’s like wearing a mask and getting an invigorating face massage in a nice room with scented candles. I think people who go infrequently go more for the experience than the skin benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by meekins View Post
    It’s like wearing a mask and getting an invigorating face massage in a nice room with scented candles. I think people who go infrequently go more for the experience than the skin benefits.
    Basically. Getting a facial is more of an experience. They usually go through the same general skincare steps - cleanse, tone, moisturize, maybe exfoliate or extract depending on the facial. I enjoy them though! If you’re just going once for fun I’d get a pretty standard facial if I were you. Get whatever is best for your skin type
    All hail the king.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
    So is it pretty much the same as using a mask?
    If you have a lot of blackheads it can make a difference even infrequently. My dad gets a facial like once a year basically solely for the extraction part lmao
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

I agree that it can make a difference with a lot of blackheads, or any specific dry patches. I have only ever gotten one and it felt AMAZING and my skin felt AMAZING and I wish I had the money to get them regularly.

I would get facials every two weeks back in college. The woman eventually told me my skin was healthy and I needed to come in monthly. My skin felt smoother and looked healthier. I have eczema, and I never had a break out in my face then. Now that I work and have no time for facials, I see a HUGE difference. My skin looks dull, and this winter I had nothing but eczema break out on my face.

You most certainly need to do it often to see long(ish) term results.