JOLLY BISON

Thread: Is there a true difference between a

Is there a true difference between a

a living being conjured up by a deity to experience nothing but eternal pleasure (true happiness, there are no tricks here) and non-existence?

Inspired by a question once posed by Monica, whose intent I do not doubt I’ve butchered.

Blog Entries

Re: Is there a true difference between a

Yes? I'm trying to imagine how there isn't a difference and I can't do it.

I can't comprehend non-existence obviously, but I can sort of comprehend eternal pleasure (gin and oxycontin fountain) and they seem awfully different.

yeah they are different. I suppose eternal joy might be, to some people, 'meaningless' but it's no wayyy as 'meaningless' as not existing lol.

This is what you’re referencing?
    Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    Some questions:
    - is the concept of “trauma” tied to modernity? Ancient religions describe paradise basically as “great climate control” “no diseases” “a ton of delicious food” and “you can’t die.” Modernity would be pretty close to paradise by their standards (besides the last one) . Greek myths feature lots of gods and goddesses experiencing heartbreak, loss, death of loved ones, and other traumas. They just partake way more in physical pleasure. Their motivations seem pretty human though. They like being flattered, having sex, winning arguments.

- Is paradise “eternal pleasure” or “release from suffering”? are those different to you?

- what “Omni” features would you want in your paradise? There are interesting philosophical complications with omnipotence / omniscience / Omnibenevolence.

- does the existence of a fickle god necessitate that a paradise that only lets some people in is inherently unfair? Can an ideal paradise be unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunt View Post

I can't comprehend non-existence obviously, but I can sort of comprehend eternal pleasure (gin and oxycontin fountain) and they seem awfully different.
    Does the eternal fountain have hangover blips

Quote Originally Posted by Tunt View Post

Does the eternal fountain have hangover blips

Blog Entries

^ Hellll no. This is heaven, dude. They have hangover pills, of course.