JOLLY BISON
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most overrated foods

Re: Most overrated foods

Oreos, bleh.

ē Hummus--I get that a lot of people like this as a healthier alternative to ranch based veggie dip but mehhh. I'd rather eat the vegetables plain than with hummus.
    ē Bacon
    ē Shrimp

Most meat tbh, especially when it's the base of the meal and not just a component of it. I was a vegetarian for 26+ years and have tried loads of meats in the last 2 years. The best ones are the weird ones (snails, foie gras, oysters, etc). Beef, pork, and chicken are all whatever. Good as a base to something (cooking w/ duck fat, for example) but as the main component to a meal, veg is better IMO.

Lobster, bacon, oysters

Quote Originally Posted by Passthesalt View Post
    This. I crave it a couple times a year. If I buy it, it just sits in my freezer and goes bad
    I think itís bc I donít crave dairy products. Obv some people canít get enough. I like every non-dairy ice cream way better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    Oreos, bleh.
    Yea they taste almost plasticy. The s’mores flavor with a graham cracker cookie part is good though.

Halo Top ice cream is overrated. Cool that it's a "diet friendly" ice cream, but I'd rather just have a small amount of actually good ice cream, than a large amount of mediocre/crappy ice cream. Or a small portion of any actually good dessert than that ice cream.

Real maple syrup. I grew up in New England, have been to sugar shacks during sugaring season and have had freshly made Vermont maple syrup from the farmers market. I’ve just never found it to be as amazing as everyone else makes it out to be. These days I just stick to chopped strawberries and whipped cream as my topping of choice.

Crab (legs). Too much work for too little meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Huxley View Post
    Halo Top ice cream is overrated. Cool that it's a "diet friendly" ice cream, but I'd rather just have a small amount of actually good ice cream, than a large amount of mediocre/crappy ice cream. Or a small portion of any actually good dessert than that ice cream.
    omg yes, how do people hype that shit up so much?? to me it tastes so fakely, unsatisfyingly sweet. like the diet energy drink version of ice cream. Ew.
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

I hate candy, none of it is good. It seriously boggles my mind that people can just eat the shit out of it. Chocolate is a different story, though.

Agreed with halo top. It's disgusting. I think in general though people get all weird and culty when they diet though.

Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    I think itís bc I donít crave dairy products. Obv some people canít get enough. I like every non-dairy ice cream way better
    Interesting. I crave milk and cheese daily

chocolate, bacon, steak