JOLLY BISON

Thread: Disposing of grease

Disposing of grease

How do you guys dispose of your cooking grease? Inspired by the fact that I just made a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

I know itís bad to dump it down the drain but I heard if you run hot water with it itís not as bad. I dunno.
    All hail the king.

Re: Disposing of grease

My parents put it in an old juice container then throw it away.

Pour it into a can or a yogurt container and then throw it away once it solidifies
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Pour it into a can if there’s one at the top of the garbage or leave it in the pan til I can scrape it down. Don’t pour it down the drain!

You can buy little compostable pouches at Canadian dollar stores

Quote Originally Posted by Passthesalt View Post
    You can buy little compostable pouches at Canadian dollar stores
    Is grease compostable? I'm new to street side compost, and I know meat is fine, but I never put things like that in my backyard compost.

I line a bowl with aluminum foil, pour the grease in, and let it solidify. Then I can just take out the foil and throw it away.

I have way too many pickle jars full of grease in one of my cabinets. Maybe I’ll give them as Christmas presents.

Ahahah ahahahahaha I kid. I know I can cook with them so I guess that’s why they’re stil there, but I haven’t made anything with it.

^^make sure they aren't moldy or rancid. If it isn't clean oil and meat particles got in, it goes bad really fast.