JOLLY BISON

Thread: September: 30 day goals

September: 30 day goals

Goals for September! Let’s also categorize them: strength, endurance, flexibility, rest/recovery, nutrition (feel free to add).

Both of mine are endurance this month!

- I signed up to climb a mile over the month of September. The average route in my gym is 40 feet so it’s [s]132[/s] 264 climbs! I go 2-3 times a week and it starts today and ends Oct 3 or so - I need to aim for [s]12[/s] 24 climbs/day, and go 11 days this month. And if I go an extra time I can cut down lol. I’m technically raising money for charity to do this so may post the link at some point. Endurance

- I am also signing up for a 5k in October so I want to do 10 runs before then. I am so slow so I just want to sign up to get over my anxiety of getting back into running. Endurance
    Last edited by caiomn; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:53 PM.

Re: September: 30 day goals

Right now I'm prepping for a powerlifting competition in November and entering the off-season for roller derby. Even though it's the off-season, it actually means practices will get more consistent and intense now that we're no longer working around games and vacations. A big challenge right now is trying to balance powerlifting sessions with practice, since each sport seems to negatively impact my ability to do the other. Anyway:

- In bed, lights off by 10pm on week nights. I usually turn in close to 11 but I need to try to get more sleep (I get up at 6). Recovery.

- Continue getting 110g+ of protein/day. I did pretty well last time but slipped up a few times on the weekends. I'd like to put a little more effort into hitting my goals on the weekends too. Nutrition

I want to get back into working out and committing to exercising for at least 30 minutes per day. Endurance

I also plan to eat smaller portions of food and eat healthier meals. I want to start tracking these meals again. Nutrition

Bison Burger

Stop drinking soda unless there's alcohol in it. So get back to where my normal liquid consumption is tea, water and mostly black coffee.

Lose weight. Any weight. Fuck I'd take 5 pounds at this point I'm so grossly overweight. But I really just do not have time for the gym.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

AJP <3

- Get a vegetable in my lunch everyday. I need a better alternative for a mindless filler food since my office has a lot of chips around and I keep going for those nutrition

- Start doing a few days a week of conditioning. I’m hoping writing this down might force me to have some accountability since I keep telling myself I should do it but then not. Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    Right now I'm prepping for a powerlifting competition in November and entering the off-season for roller derby. Even though it's the off-season, it actually means practices will get more consistent and intense now that we're no longer working around games and vacations. A big challenge right now is trying to balance powerlifting sessions with practice, since each sport seems to negatively impact my ability to do the other.
    I’ve done several meets at this point and gone to several more to either support friends or handle my boyfriend so happy to help if there’s anything I can do!

Oh no the routes are only twenty feet!! So I need to do 260 over the month (24/day if I go 2x a week). I have done 19 so far, fml haha

Quote Originally Posted by GlenCoco View Post

I’ve done several meets at this point and gone to several more to either support friends or handle my boyfriend so happy to help if there’s anything I can do!
    What was your first meet like? What went well/what do you think you could have done better?

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    What was your first meet like? What went well/what do you think you could have done better?
    My first meet was fun, I made friends with the lady who kept being right before me on all of my lifts and by deadlifts we were rooting for each other so hard. I’m generally not a super outgoing person but have seemed to become friendly with random people at pretty much every meet I’ve done. Biggest thing I wasn’t prepared for was how mentally and physically exhausted I was by the end. If you haven’t trained SBD all in one day I would try to add that in once a week. I went 9 for 9 but also left so much on the platform, which is generally what is recommended for first time meets but it also made me immediately sign up for another since I already knew I had so much left in me.
    Biggest thing I’ve noticed from others is make sure to train your lifts to follow meet criteria. If you don’t have someone you trust that they know what they’re doing to call depth, film to make sure you’re actually hitting depth. If you don’t have someone to give commands on bench at least practice a solid 1 one thousand pause at the bottom. These will help in picking realistic openers.

Quote Originally Posted by GlenCoco View Post
    My first meet was fun, I made friends with the lady who kept being right before me on all of my lifts and by deadlifts we were rooting for each other so hard. I’m generally not a super outgoing person but have seemed to become friendly with random people at pretty much every meet I’ve done. Biggest thing I wasn’t prepared for was how mentally and physically exhausted I was by the end. If you haven’t trained SBD all in one day I would try to add that in once a week. I went 9 for 9 but also left so much on the platform, which is generally what is recommended for first time meets but it also made me immediately sign up for another since I already knew I had so much left in me.
    Biggest thing I’ve noticed from others is make sure to train your lifts to follow meet criteria. If you don’t have someone you trust that they know what they’re doing to call depth, film to make sure you’re actually hitting depth. If you don’t have someone to give commands on bench at least practice a solid 1 one thousand pause at the bottom. These will help in picking realistic openers.
    Yeah I really need to get comfortable squatting and deadlifting on the same day. My current program (Candito 6-week) schedules it that way but I usually end up splitting them up because my deadlift suffers a lot when I squat first. But i haven't tried just doing heavy singles on the same day so I may do that at the end of this cycle. My gym PR for deadlift is 270 but I struggled to do 175 for triples the other day after squats. An intense derby practice the day before didn't help -- I DL sumo but I've been having pain in my hips lately, I think from overuse because I'm a hip dominant squatter and I spend 5 hours a week in a half-squat stance at derby

I'm pretty confident in my squat depth but I'm still working on benching with a pause. My bench sucks lol

My goal is to do abs 3 times a week. nothing super serious just planks, leg lifts and hollow holds at home in my living room. I think my core is kinda weak so I end up compensating with my arms and shoulders and it tires me out way more quickly.

My eventual goal is to get better at climbing steep stuff so hopefully core tension will help with that
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Uh so this month is not going well...started with a mini-vacation where I stuffed my face for 2 days, never really got back on track and then like 90% of my city was without power for 2 days so meal prep was out the window.

My goal is to do groceries today so I at least have some protein bars and other high protein processed stuff.