JOLLY BISON

Thread: Tucking in Shirts

Tucking in Shirts

I complained in the other thread about needing to find clothes that were more fitted, but I was just out shopping and it occurred to me that... I should probably be tucking in my shirts to get that look.

Do you tuck in your shirts? Do you do the "french tuck" or a full tuck? Or does it depend on the shirt? I feel awkward doing it because I haven't done it since I was in middle school band and was required to tuck in my band polo lmao

Re: Tucking in Shirts

I tuck most shirts unless they are crops

With a lot of shirts I do because I tend to wear looser shirts and I like to define my waist a little but instead of just being a box. Also if you wear high rise pants I think it looks better with most shirts for them to be tucked at least a little
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

^Same

I tuck in a tiny bit, usually the front left side for whatever reason, or if it's a t, tie in a knot (also placed to the left side) to draw attention to my waist. The only time I really tuck in the whole shirt is if I am wearing a skirt or if the waist of whatever pants/shorts I am wearing are interesting (paper bag pants, for example).

I usually crop my shirts or tye them up into a crop. Otherwise a French tuck I guess

I never tuck in T shirts. It reminds me of the 90s and I feel like look a creeper whenever I tuck it in. I will tuck in dress shirts. There was an 8th grader who wore mom jeans and tucked in her shirt last year. I envied how well she pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
    I never tuck in T shirts. It reminds me of the 90s and I feel like look a creeper whenever I tuck it in. I will tuck in dress shirts. There was an 8th grader who wore mom jeans and tucked in her shirt last year. I envied how well she pulled it off.
    This. But this thread has me thinking I must look like a slob all the time.

I tried on jeans at American Eagle today. I just can't do the mom jeans. It makes me feel so weird. I got some skinny jeans that looked normal to me.

I had loved the way a pair of bootcut ones fit me, but I didn't feel cool in them. I wore bootcut jeans in high school so they must be old school by now. AE employee laughed when I asked if they were cool or not. She said with the right shirt. But I knew I didn't have the right shirt so I put them back.