JOLLY BISON

Thread: PEI

PEI

Anyone been to Prince Edward Island and have suggestions on things that are "must do/see"? We've looked it up and have a rough guideline but would love more options. We're mostly into scenic places, hiking/biking, and my husband loves seafood. We'll be there sometime this month.

Re: PEI

I have never been but it is a place I really hope to visit someday. I love Anne of Green Gables and the books & movies always made it sound & look so pretty.

I hope you have a great trip!

How long are you going for? The island is tiny and you can see all of it in a couple of days. However it's very beautiful if you just want to find a spot to relax for a few days. Be aware that September is off-peak so some things will be closed and a lot of business/tourist sites may be on reduced hours. Also get into the habit of eating dinner early because most restaurants close by 8pm :P Honestly my favorite thing to do there is drive around and pull over if I see anything interesting. Charlottetown is cute for a one-night stay - some nice BnBs and historics houses there.

If you get bored with the Island head across the bridge to New Brunswick's Bay of Fundy!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    How long are you going for? The island is tiny and you can see all of it in a couple of days. However it's very beautiful if you just want to find a spot to relax for a few days. Be aware that September is off-peak so some things will be closed and a lot of business/tourist sites may be on reduced hours. Also get into the habit of eating dinner early because most restaurants close by 8pm :P Honestly my favorite thing to do there is drive around and pull over if I see anything interesting. Charlottetown is cute for a one-night stay - some nice BnBs and historics houses there.

If you get bored with the Island head across the bridge to New Brunswick's Bay of Fundy!
    Thank you! We'll be there for 4 full days. Any tips for the best lobster rolls? My husband is obsessed.