JOLLY BISON

Thread: Did you go to pre-school? My hypothesis.

Did you go to pre-school? My hypothesis.

I get lots of varied answers from people about whether they remember their very early childhoods (say, before they were 5 years old, maybe 3).

1) Do you remember your very early childhood?
    2) Did you go to pre-school?

Using a very scientifically rigorous sample of one (myself), I remember my very young childhood and am wondering if pre-school has to do with it. It’s a very new, yet somewhat “structured” environment for a 3-year-old. The novelty (at first), combined with the repetition (constantly going to the same building and seeing the same faces) seem like plausible reasons it would have left a lasting impression on toddler PlaysWithSquirrels!

My conclusion, though, ultimately isn't that having a good memory necessarily means you went to pre-school (you can have a good memory for other reasons!). I think it's that if you did go to pre-school, you probably remember it, and also the inverse: I think NOT remembering your childhood correlates to NOT having gone to pre-school.

Anyways, as per usual, can’t wait to see my theory intellectually annihilated and disproven in the comments!
    Last edited by PlaysWithSquirrels; 1 Week Ago at 04:09 PM.

Re: Did you go to pre-school? My hypothesis.

I remember ages about 3/4. I went to the same place (daycare that transitioned into preschool) from 6 weeks old until I left for kindergarten.

I remember going to preschool (age 4). I remember before preschool too, but only a few things. the things I remember from my very young childhood are extremely limited and almost all OCD related. I don’t have many non-OCD memories before age 7 or 8.

Yes.

No.

I have a few vague memories from being 4 or 5. Is preschool the same thing as pre-k? idk. I went to half day nursery school when I was three, and full day actual school pre-k when I was 4 I think?

I totally remember my mom trying to explain what Y2K was to me while riding the metro after they talked about it on TV one day, and I must’ve been around 5 then
    we have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

not a whole lot but theres definitely events i remember. i did not go to pre school. there was a ton of stuff i didnt know how to do that the other kids knew how to when i started in kindergarten.

Blog Entries

I remember ages 3 and 4 fairly well, I think, or at least as well as most. I can distinctly remember playing NES games (Super Mario 3 and Platoon) at my grandparents' house when I was 3, and I remember the "Storm of the Century," which was a huge blizzard that occurred on my 4th birthday. I remember going places in my grandfather's car because it had a bench seat, and I remember his death, which happened when I was 4.

When I was 4 we went to pick up our dog in Pennsylvania, we stopped at a gas station or whatever and I asked if I could get a Slim Jim because I wanted to be like the Macho Man Randy Savage, and when I started to eat the Slim Jim I realized that Slim Jims are disgusting.

I also remember my other grandfather's old white van (he had one of those bead massager things on the driver's seat), which I think he sold when I was 3, so I must have been 2 or 3.

I didn't go to preschool.

I have bits and pieces of memories from 2-5 years old. I remember sitting in the front seat of my dad's car at night and watching the streetlights flash past cuz I was too small to see out the window. I remember going to California and it was raining and we had cinnamon buns for breakfast (I was confirmed 3 then). I remember hitting my head on the counter and cutting it open when grandma was over and being taken to the hospital (4?). I remember a random dinner when I shouted "BATMAN!" inappropriately and was scolded for interrupting the adults. I remember my preschool. It had a domed glass roof and the carpet was brown. I hated it at first. We put paint on our hands and feet and pressed them onto paper to make art. Just little things like that. I have no memory of basic day to day stuff, just random flashes.

I went to preschool.

I have memories from when my mom was pregnant with my brother and I would have only been 2 then. I definitely remember preschool very well.

I have a lot of early childhood memories including a few from age 2.5-3. I went to daycare and preschool, but so did my younger brother and he does not have many memories from before Kindergarten.

From 2+ I remember everything. My earliest memory was being 8 months old on an airplane for the first time.
    I went to preschool

I didn't go to preschool. I remember being home with my mom during the day and with my dad at night (they worked opposite shifts because they couldn't afford childcare). My dad expected me to entertain myself so I would wait at the door for my mom to come home and look at my grandfather's collection of national geographics from the 80s in the basement.

3ish is my earliest memory. I went to pre-school. My great aunt/God mother ran it. My mom said if she weren’t the principal (do pre-schools have principals? Operator) of it, I would not have gone.
    Last edited by MoodyBlues; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:10 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't remember if I went to a specific pre-school program but I know I went to daycare. They probably had a pre-school program there. I have memories from when I was 3-ish. I remember there was a kid in my daycare class who had a prosthetic arm and it scared me. I also remember going to a Steeler's game with my dad when I was three and pooping my pants. I remember him carrying me around sideways lol and I remember the texture and color of the underwear I pooped in (it was like a towel-material and was light green).

I went to preschool when I was 3-4, and I have some specific memories of that time of my life. I remember my first day of preschool lol

Interesting theory. Yes I did go to preschool and I have sparse but vivid memories of being in preschool.
    All hail the king.

I did not go to pre-school. The first memory that is natural (meaning not a story that was told to me, a picture I saw, etc that imprinted on my brain as a ďmemoryĒ but isnít) is of the first day of kindergarten.

I literally have one memory from preschool/that age and that was when a little boy zipped his penis in his pants zipper in the bathroom and it was a big ordeal.

Besides that hilarious memory itís all kindergarten onwards. My memory in general is absolutely terrible though. There are huge stretches of high school that are completely gone from my memory, my friends will ask if I remember X funny event happening and nine times out of ten I donít