JOLLY BISON

Thread: Board Games

Board Games

What are a few of your favorites? I love hosting game nights, but the game are all starting to get boring.

Love:
    Scattergories
    Catch Phrase
    Exploding Kittens
    Telestrations
    Dos
    5 Second Rule
    Spot It

Over:
    Apples to Apples/Cards Against Humanity
    Guesstures
    Taboo
    Uno
    Trivial Pursuit

Re: Board Games

Cranium? I haven’t played it in like 20 years.

Clue
    Partini

I love board games but never have anyone to play with

I have several dozen board games lol

Good party games are Avalon, One Night Werewolf, Decrypto, Cockroach Poker

I like Monikers, but I looked up Guesstures and it might be too similar? Kind of Charades-ish, where there are several rounds. First one, you can use any words; second, you can only use one word; and third round is just charades. The words are also more irreverent than what you might find in a mainstream game. https://www.amazon.com/Monikers/dp/B00M07OQ1U

Also love Sleuth, a logic/deduction game! https://www.amazon.com/Gryphon-Games.../dp/B00993XEOI

Quote Originally Posted by caiomn View Post
    I have several dozen board games lol

Good party games are Avalon, One Night Werewolf, Decrypto, Cockroach Poker
    I love one night warewolf.

if you like word games:
    bananagrams
    quiddler

I love love scategories!

Some of my other favorites are Clue, Cranium, Hoopla, Bananagrams, Scene It, Mill Bourne, Bang! The Wild West, Monopoly Deal (card game) and Simonís Cat card game.

I recently played Settlers of Catan at a friendís board game night and it was pretty fun.

I have about 150 board games in my collection... and I haven't even bought any for 2 years now. We have a problem.

My favourite of all time are probably Coup and Castles of Mad King Ludwig and I had an awesome time playing Pandemic Legacy. Right now I'm playing Kingdom Death Monster with some friends, this game plays out over many, many visits and is so awesome, however as I'm 38 weeks pregnant, we'll probably be playing less when baby arrives.

Made-up word story Scrabble, where you can play made-up words but you have to provide a convincing definition of the word and then use it in an ongoing storyline. Sadly the friends I used to play this with now have a billion kids and I've found most people don't have the ability to make up words

Exploding Kittens is fun.

Have you played Labyrith? It's a game all ages can enjoy doesn't take more than a minute or 2 to understand the rules. I usually suggest it when people ask what new game they should buy

I really love Scattergories and Monopoly. Clue will always be my favorite board game. I liked the games Donít Go to Jail, Life, Risk, Yatzee, Scrabble, and Trivial Pursuit growing up. We played board games a TON when I was younger.

I have Sorry, Trouble, Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Dog Pile, Checkers, Operation, and Jenga in my office at work that I play with patients.