JOLLY BISON
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you dress around your boyfriend?

Bison Burger

How do you dress around your boyfriend?

I'm reading some article and it says one of the ways to "strengthen your relationship" is to dress up occasionally for your SO.

So I'm curious, what do you normally wear around your boyfriend?
    Do you live together?
    And how long have you been together?
    Do they comment on it?

95% of the time I'm around my boyfriend I'm in sweatpants or PJs. Unless we actually go somewhere, then I'll put on real clothes. The last time he saw me really dressed up was NYE 2010 (or 2011..idk) in a dress. I've always been one of the guys so he's just used to seeing me look like crap in baggy clothes. I don't wear make-up either because I'm trying to clear my skin up and he doesn't like a lot of make-up. But they all say that.

I'm pretty sure if I showed up in a skirt he'd either drag me to the bedroom, or ask what was wrong with me.
    "That which does not kill me, only postpones the inevitable."

ARP <3

Re: How do you dress around your boyfriend?

Yeah, I don't know of anyone who lives with their SO who dresses up for them a lot of the time. Sweats/PJs/just undies are standard in this house.

I should add that I work in a professional environment 6 days a week so he's used to me getting dressed up to leave then coming home and pants off.

Usually I'm wearing pjs, considering he leaves before I get up in the morning and comes home after 9pm most nights. I get dressed up if we are doing something special, but other than that I just wear normal clothes. And he doesn't like it when I lay around in my pjs all day lol, but prefers when I don't wear makeup, or if I do he likes just powder and my eyebrows done.

I'm usually wearing what I wear to work. A lot of skirts and stuff. Sometimes when I get home, I immediately change into sweatpants, although lately I've been changing into shorts because it's been getting warmer. On weekends, I usually end up wearing more or less the same kind of things I wear to work, as usually we have somewhere to go, etc. (My work is business casual so it's not like I'm wearing a business suit or anything on weekends).

We do live together. We've been together almost 4 years this time around, and a year and a half before.

He doesn't really comment on it. He dresses super casual (in the video game industry), so he just wears tshirts and jeans every day. Sometimes he comments when I wear a new dress for the first time, or if I have a work event that night where I have to dress up all fancy, he always lets me know that he cannot wait until I get home in that dress. I have a huge series of work parties coming up at the end of May, start of June (and they are very fancy, celebrities are there, etc.) so I'll be buying some killer dresses for those! Can't wait!

He typically sees me in my regular clothes. Jeans, sweaters/cardigans and a shirt, etc. I always make an effort to look nice when we do anything. I'll wear sweats, yoga pants, no pants, and whatever shirt or hoodie I grab when we are just lounging around the house. He always compliments me no matter what I have on or look like, honestly. He would tell me I'm beautiful if I had on a trash bag and black eyes from a bar fight. Haha. We don't live together (two weeks and we will!!), but we spend every weekend together right now and have been together a year and a half.

We both still live at home and go to uni together so we hang out outside the house quite a bit. So he usually sees me in my school clothes, which tend to be pretty nice. I wear lots of skirts and dresses and stuff anyway,but if I know I'm seeing him or we're going out together I'll put in extra effort. When he comes over to the house I still put on a bit of makeup and wear niceish but comfy stuff, like jumpers and jeans or shorts and tank tops, depending on the season. We've been together nearly a year. He sometimes likes when I wear more casual stuff because it makes cuddling nicer, but he also likes that I dress up for him. I only ever get positive comments about what I wear from him.

When we're at home I usually just wear yoga shorts and a huge t shirt. If I go see him at work or we go somewhere then I dress up a little. Once I wore a short dress (i usually wear jeans) that was kinda low cut with sunglasses and he actually didn't recognize me at first.

We live together and when we're home I'm always in yoga pants/sweats/pjs and a hoodie. In the summer it's soffee shorts or boxers and a tank top. We've been together 6 years and he doesn't really comment on it. He's always outside working on stuff so he's always in old jeans a t-shirt. Obviously neither of us care very much lol. When we leave the house we do change into something nicer though.

Around the house I typically wear sweats or my robe but he does too. He only sees me "dressed up" once in awhile. I did my makeup and put on nice clothes for the first time in a long time last weekend.
    The time for action is now.

He sees me in pjs a lot because that's what I always wear around the house. If we're going somewhere I'll usually wear jeans or a casual dress. Sometimes I do my hair even when I have nowhere to go because it makes me feel more attractive. So I guess that's a little bit of extra effort.

We live together and we've been together 4.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post

He doesn't really comment on it. He dresses super casual (in the video game industry), so he just wears tshirts and jeans every day. Sometimes he comments when I wear a new dress for the first time, or if I have a work event that night where I have to dress up all fancy, he always lets me know that he cannot wait until I get home in that dress. I have a huge series of work parties coming up at the end of May, start of June (and they are very fancy, celebrities are there, etc.) so I'll be buying some killer dresses for those! Can't wait!
    What whatttt. I am jealous.
    The time for action is now.

Bison Burger

I'm the opposite. I always do my hair, make up & wear clothes. But I think it has to do with how I was raised - and I was raised that staying in PJs all day was slobby, my mom always made us get dressed after 10am. Plus, I expect him to shower and make an effort, so I do the same for him. We've been together nearly 2yrs and have been living together since Jan 2012. He doesn't always comment on it but he he compliments me alot and I'm sure if I was bumming around in sweats with messy hair that would end quickly.

We don't live together, so when I go see him I wear clothes and put on a tiny bit of make up. If we're going to see friends I try to look a little nicer, but I never really get super dressed up. When he comes over to my house half the time I'm in pjs, he does the same.

We don't live together, but he spends the night at my place often. I wear normal clothes around him lol and then at night I'll either wear gym shorts and a tank top or just nothing haha. When we go out to a party I'll dress up but it's not necessarily for him, perse.

i dress up a bit, esp if its a dinner date. he comments on it

if we lived together he would see a lot more pjs and baggy mens tsirts aha

So I'm curious, what do you normally wear around your boyfriend?
    Same stuff I wear around everyone- so, typically fitted dark navy or black skinny jeans, doc martens, and a fitted button up shirt with some kind of necklace or collar pins. I never wear pj's even if I am staying in all day. Its either full dress or underwear and the undies only when I am about to go to bed.

Do you live together? Nope

And how long have you been together? year and a half about

Do they comment on it? He comments when I look nice or when I buy new clothes, yeah. There are certain shirts i own that I know he really likes and he always tells me I look pretty/sexy/etc when in those. I have a few pairs of black high waisted shorts he really likes. He definitely comments any time I am in a dress or high heels (which isn't that often, maybe once every few months). I do like dressing up around him because I know he really enjoys it lol. And I mean that in the most innocent way poss- he just gets so smiley and cute when I wear dresses around him. He likes playing with the hem like a little boy.

He dresses up when we go out and he always looks so handsome.

I usually wear pjs around the apartment but I try to make them as slutty looking as possible so he doesn't see it as frumpy. He seems to like it. Whenever we leave the apartment I dress in casual outfits but I do my hair and makeup nice and he always compliments me on how I look

I just wear jeans a shirt (t-shirt, sweater, whatever). I don't dress a certain way because he's around or I know I'll see him, he gets what everyone else gets lol. Sometimes I walk around in my underwear around him if he's at my place, but I would do that whether he was here or not.

when we go out places i dress up depending on what kinda place it is. like last night we went to a bar and i wore a casual dress. otherwise i kinda bum out lol but ill wear like a tshirt with no bra and either tight leggings or just underwear so i dont think hes too bothered. we live together/ he compliments me all the time it doesnt matter what im wearing

I try to make an effort to look nice esp if we're going somewhere. Otherwise I will wear leggings or jeans and a comfy top.
    “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”
    EKR