JOLLY BISON
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: The "What You Made for Dinner" Thread

Re: The "What You Made for Dinner" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    I made this Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup last night. IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD. My husband, who I have never seen eat broccoli before, was freaking out over how good it was. I made a couple of changes - left out the dijon mustard and carrots, and added in salt/pepper/white pepper and doubled the garlic. We also used block cheese and grated it ourselves, which I think makes a big difference.
    Do you like your Instant Pot? I've been debating buying one. Do you use it as a Slow Cooker too, or just Pressure Cooker??

Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    Do you like your Instant Pot? I've been debating buying one. Do you use it as a Slow Cooker too, or just Pressure Cooker??
    I love it! I've had it for about 3 years now. There's a lot of really great recipes out there for it now, I even have an Indian Instant Pot cookbook and it's awesome. We don't really use it as a slow cooker, but that's just because we don't slow cook a lot of things. It's great for soups, stews, rice dishes, cooking meat from frozen, steaming veggies, mashed potatoes. I use it several times a week, even if I don't make the main dish in it I make a lot of sides in it.

i really want an instant pot too! being able to cook rice and dried beans sooo quickly to always have them on hand would be a life saver.

Blog Entries

i have one but i haven't opened it yet lol

I made pizza on homemade naan bread with a white sauce, mushrooms, spinach, artichoke, and a mix between havarti and Monterey Jack cheese. It was super delicious.

We are doing a month of vegetarian eating as a challenge to expand what we (aka, my husband, I have been a vegetarian before and rarely eat meat now) eat. I love it, my husband has been somewhat okay with most of the meals Iíve made. Lol.

Made Lemon Keto Chicken tonight... It was okay, I have better recipes though.

Whenever we make spaghetti sauce, we make a lot so we can use the leftover later for lasagna. So tonight I got home from work and spent like 10 minute assembling lasagna, which was pretty awesome

I made peanut chicken tacos w avocado, feta and slaw. They were good!

They look good!!

I just made hickory smoked turkey wraps last night - added provolone cheese, roasted peppers, cucumbers, and mayo/mustard, wrapped in lettuce. Didn't feel like cooking and this was a nice light alternative.

I made chorizo stuffed poblano peppers tonight and omggg they were so good. I actually think this is my new favorite dinner. Definitely not healthy, but I was able to drain a lot of the fat off. I added 3 cloves of garlic, doubled the onion and cooked both with the chorizo. I also used salsa instead of taco sauce.

Here's the recipe.

Blog Entries

i cooked a whole chicken the other day and we have a bunch of leftovers. tonight i'm going to shred some up and cook on the stove with some sausage, adding some brown gravy mix to thicken it. we will probably have the chicken-sausage mixture on rolls.

i'm still gona have a lot of chicken left but i might have to freeze it as i don't like leaving chicken in the fridge for too long.

I made some dank buttered rice with shrimp and frozen peas. Super easy. Just prepare rice on the side, in a separate pan melt like 4 tablespoons of butter, mince 1 clove of garlic, and put on the raw shrimp. Make sure shrimp is cooked all the way through. Add prepared rice to pan, add frozen peas, and some shakes of onion powder, salt, and pepper.
    All hail the king.

a veggie wrap so a tortilla, with garlic hummus, red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, avocado. with some berries as a side.

Made some flank steak fajitas tonight - had a delicious marinade on the steak, it had a solid kick. Threw in some bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos and used lettuce instead of tortillas to keep it low carb.

a potato soup with potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes with veggie broth blended up with a bunch of seasoning

Turkey meatballs and cauliflower rice tonight. A quick meal because my husband had to run to hockey.

A big salad. Shredded green/purple cabbage and carrots, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, crushed walnuts, blueberry craisins and cubed old cheddar with mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice and fresh ground pepper

quesidillas with daiya pepperjack and cheddar shreds, black beans and bell peppers

Guys, I just made the greatest grilled cheese, and by "greatest" I mean a concoction of three random fancy-seeming cheeses I decided to buy on a whim.

It was made out of sourdough bread, and it had sharp cheddar, goat cheese (a softness that really complemented the buttery toast) and artigiano, which was rubbed with aged balsamic vinegar and cipolline onions (I did not do the latter, this is what the Target package told me).

^That sounds amazing. I love fancy grilled cheese.